Indulge in the delightful flavors of this BLT Pasta Salad, a dish that reimagines the classic BLT sandwich with a few delightful twists. It’s a harmonious blend of bacon, lettuce, and tomato, all mixed into a pasta salad. What truly sets it apart is the creamy ranch dressing that envelops each ingredient, infusing the salad with a fresh and irresistible taste.
This BLT Pasta Salad has quickly become a favorite. It’s the go-to side dish I’m always requested to bring to barbecues and potlucks, often alongside my famous Lunch Lady Brownies. Its popularity lies in its fantastic taste – a real crowd-pleaser!
Staying true to the spirit of the classic BLT, this pasta salad variant includes the essential bacon, lettuce, and tomato. However, I’ve made a special modification: instead of the traditional mayo, I’ve opted for ranch dressing. This swap not only caters to my personal aversion to mayo but also adds an incredible depth of flavor to the dish. For those looking to elevate it to a main course, consider adding some chopped grilled chicken for an extra protein boost.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!