Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers are a fantastic recipe that combines the heartiness of Mexican cuisine with the health benefits of a keto, low-carb, and gluten-free diet. This dish is not only flavorful but also easy to prepare, making it a perfect meal for both weeknights and special occasions.
Highlights of Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Healthy and Delicious: This recipe brings together ground beef, salsa, sour cream, and melted cheese in a bell pepper. It’s a wholesome, nutritious option that doesn’t compromise on taste.
- Keto-Friendly and Gluten-Free: Adhering to dietary preferences or needs, this dish is low in carbs and free from gluten, aligning well with keto and gluten-free diets.
- Easy and Convenient: The process involves simply stuffing pre-cooked bell peppers with a delicious taco mixture and then baking them until hot and bubbly. This hassle-free method makes it an ideal choice for a quick meal.
- Versatile Meal: These stuffed peppers are perfect for a Mexican-style dinner and can be customized with different fillings or toppings according to personal taste.
- Ideal for Meal Prep: The recipe is also great for meal prepping. You can prepare these stuffed peppers ahead of time and refrigerate them for a few days, making them a convenient option for busy schedules.
- Quick Cooking Time: They require minimal active cooking time, making them a quick solution for a nutritious and satisfying meal.
- Family-Friendly: This dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family, offering a fun and tasty way to enjoy a balanced meal.
In summary, Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers are a wonderful combination of health, convenience, and flavor. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner, a meal-prep solution, or a keto-friendly option, this recipe is sure to satisfy your needs and taste buds.
- 4 medium green peppers, halved
- 1.5 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix, or seeking good eats homemade taco seasoning recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wash peppers then slice lengthwise in half through the middle and remove seeds. Place in a casserole dish with 1/4 cups water. Cover and microwave 7 to 10 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Check periodically for doneness.
- In the meantime, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Add the taco seasoning and water and cook according to recipe or packet instructions. After the meat is cooked, mix in sour cream, salsa, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside dish and generously stuff with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 350 ° F for 20-30 minutes until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite taco ingredients and a side of salsa. Enjoy!